Thursday, March 1, 2012

Inspiration Series-Christine Godsey of Engaging Affairs!




I am often asked how I fight through creative block and what inspires me. So, here is an installment of my Inspiration Series to start the new year off right! 

I've found that sometimes to break out of a NON-creative funk, it's best I go look at some work of other artists I admire. Being a traditional artist as well, It's fun for me to see what other artists use as their outlet, although I paint, and sketch my primary outlet for my art is through graphics, type and paper.  Sometimes to see how other creative minds put out their ideas, and the creations they create will jostle my own creative juices.


For this installment I chose Christine Godsey! I recently met Christine through a wedding we did in October together at Gotham Hall!! I loved working with her, and the design from the event (pictured above), was AMAZING! So she has been added to my list of inspiring designers! Her work speaks for itself, and some of these ideas I think are just genius!



Christine Godsey, a native Washingtonian, began her event planning career over seven years ago while working at a corporate real estate consulting firm where she planned a variety of events from holiday parties to incentive outings to offsite meetings.  Christine then attended and completed George Washington University’s Event Management Certificate Program and left the corporate world to work in event planning full time.  

She has worked with the team at Engaging Affairs for over six years and is known for her attention to detail and ability to keep cool under pressure. Christine specializes in large-scale Indian weddings as well as multi-cultural celebrations and has had weddings featured in Washingtonian Bride & Groom. Christine also loves planning weddings in New York City and is a regular at Gotham Hall, her favorite venue. Christine has been educated in international protocol and etiquette by The International Society of Protocol & Etiquette Professionals. 










 




Again!! Love it.. a Girl after my own heart!



I love this idea~ Finger Print Family Tree Guest Book.. 




No comments: